Every brand claims to be the best manufacturer of water heaters but do you know that which is actually the best brand of water heater in India? Do you know which water heater to buy for your bathroom which will not only provide you with a warm shower but which is also durable? Well, we have answered all your questions here and we have listed some of the best water heaters available in India.
To help you with your purchase decision, here is short buying guide for water heater which will actually help you in buying the best water heater for yourself.
Buying Guide for Buying Water Heater
While buying a water heater, consider these points so that you end up buying the water heater as per your needs.
- Mount-Type – There are two types of mount type available in the storage geysers and the first one is the vertical mount while the second is the horizontal type. You can choose the mount type you want depending on the ceiling height and the space available in your bathroom. If your bathroom has a low ceiling height then you must buy a horizontal mount type.
- Capacity – This is another important factor while choosing a water heater. Having a lower capacity can be a cause of frustration as you might not get enough hot water in winters. Moreover, you might have to wait after one person has taken the shower so that the water is heated again. Here is an idea of how much should be the water capacity of your water heater.
- For a family of 2 to 3 members, the ideal capacity is somewhere around 10 liters to 20 liters. If you prefer a bucket during a bath then you can opt for a lower capacity and if you prefer shower then opt for a higher capacity.
- For a larger family, you need the capacity of 25 liters.
- Safety Feature – Consider the safety features available in the storage water heater. The water heater must have a high-pressure tolerance and moreover, the storage water heater must also have an auto cut-off thermostat. This prevents water from over-heating and hence leaving no space for an
- Star Rating – In India, it is mandatory for the electrical appliance to display the electric efficiency in terms of stars. The higher star rating means that the water heater is more efficient however, you might have to shell out more money for buying a more efficient water heater.
- Heating Element Type – There are different types of heating element available and the latest technology is where the heating element has a ceramic coating. These are certainly more durable as they are resistant to corrosion. The manufacturer also offers a warranty on the heating element and in case of breakdown, it is usually the heating element that needs to be replaced.
- Warranty & Brand – Since you are using an appliance that would heat the water and hence the brand image is really important. Consider the review of the water heaters and also check the warranty on the water heaters. Moreover, some of the water heaters have extra warranty on the element or the storage tank. Check the same before buying the water heater.
- Hard Water and Water Heater – Hard water doesn’t go very well with the water heaters as they form deposit layer on the heating element and hence reducing the heating efficiency. In such a case, one option is to install the water softener while the second option is to check how resistant your water heater is to the use of hard water
If you are still not sure about which geyser to choose then here is a list of the best water heater available in India. We have also listed some of the essential details about the water heater which will help you in choosing the perfect water heater for yourself.
So, here is the list.
- Best Storage Water Heaters in India
- 10. Morphy Richards Salvo 10-Litre 2000-Watt Storage Water Heater
- 9. Usha Aqua Genie 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 8. Jaquar ELENA (Vertical) – 25 Ltrs storage water heater
- 7. Hindware Atlantic 10 Ltrs. ABS Body Ivory Colour Water Heater Geyser Ondeo Series
- 6. AO Smith HSE-HAS 15-Litre 2000-Watt Storage Water Heater
- 5. V Guard Water Heater Victo 25 Litres – Free Installation with Inlet and Outlet pipes
- 4. AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater
- 3. Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
- 2. Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre Storage Water Heater (Cream)
- 1. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
Best Storage Water Heaters in India
10. Morphy Richards Salvo 10-Litre 2000-Watt Storage Water Heater
Morphy Richards is one of the highly trusted brands in electrical appliances and this geyser from Morphy Richards is also very compact. If you are looking for a water heater with 10 liters of capacity then this is the one for you. You can have a look at the features and other details of the water heater by navigating to the product page of the water heater. The link for the same is listed below.
- The water heater has a capacity of 10 Litres and the Maximum Rated Pressure is 0.8 MPa.
- The water heater can heat the water to 75 degree centigrade and it is certainly very energy efficient.
- The brand offers 2 years of warranty on the water heater and in addition to this, the total warranty applicable to the inner tank is 5 years.
- The geyser is vertical mount type but is compact enough to fir the bathrooms with lower space as well.
- The power consumption of the water heater is 2000 watts.
9. Usha Aqua Genie 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
Next on our list is s water heater from Usha and this water heater is blue in color. It is a perfect model for the bathroom which has fancy interiors as the water heater certainly adds feel to the interiors of the bathroom. The water heater is not only efficient but it is also very good looking and useful.
- The storage water heater has an enamel coating which makes it weather proof and hence it is very durable against the weather changes.
- The water heater comes with whirl flow technology which enable a faster water heating and in addition to this, the water heater also has a 5 star energy rating which means you will be saving a lot of electricity while using this water heater.
- The water heater has a lot of security features and it cut-off the heating element once the temperature exceeds the threshold. The water heater also has a pressure release.
- The water heater comes with high pressure protection and moreover, the water heater has a pressure tolerance of 8 bars.
- In case of water interruption, the water heater has a dry heating protection mechanism which prevent the heating element from any damage.
- The total capacity offers of the water heater are 15 liters and the heating element has an enamel coating.
8. Jaquar ELENA (Vertical) – 25 Ltrs storage water heater
If you are looking for a super-stylish Water Heater and something that occupies less of space in your bathroom then you must not look any further as this Water Heater from Jaquar is the one for you. Below are the details of the water heater and you can also check the latest price as well as the product description by navigating to the link mentioned below.
- This is a vertical mount water storage heater which is very attractive.
- The water heater is square in shape and hence it takes less space in the bath
- The water heater is also equipped with safety features like pressure release mechanism and double safety thermostat which adds a little more comfort to your lifestyle.
- The energy rating of the water heater is 5 star and it is efficient in terms of electricity consumption as well
- The total capacity of the water heater is 25 liters and the brand offers 4 years warranty on the heating element apart from the 7 years of warranty on the tank. On rest of the electrical parts, the warranty coverage is 2 years.
7. Hindware Atlantic 10 Ltrs. ABS Body Ivory Colour Water Heater Geyser Ondeo Series
If you have a small family or if you are looking for a water heater for personal use then this water heater from Hindware can be the answer to your needs. The water heater is of ivory color and it can also match with your bathroom interiors.
- The water heater comes with free installation and all you have to do is that you have to call the helpline number and book an appointment.
- The water heater can withstand 8 bars of pressure and it is rated as 5 stars in terms of energy efficiency.
- Hindware offers 7 year warranty on the inner tank along with a 4 year warranty on the heating element. Apart from this, the water heater in general has a warranty of 2 years.
- Hindware storage water heater has a highly reinforced insulation which basically keeps the water warm even after you switch off the water heater.
- The water heater also has a titanium core shield along with O Pro Protection Technology
6. AO Smith HSE-HAS 15-Litre 2000-Watt Storage Water Heater
Do you have a really low ceiling height in the bathroom? Well, you probably need a horizontal mount water heater. This water heater from AO Smith can be mounted in a horizontal manner which reduces the space required by the water heater. Here are other details about the water heater from AO Smith.
- The tank of the water heater has a blue diamond glass which increases the insulation capabilities and keeps the water warm for a longer time. Moreover, this also prevents the corrosion of tank even if you are using hard water.
- The heating element also has a glass coating which makes it durable and it also reduces the risk of damage from the salts in hard water.
- Just like the other brands, AO Smith also offers 2 years of warranty on the water heater but the warranty offered on the heating element and the tank is 3 years and 7 years respectively.
- The water heater also has a temperature control knob and it can tolerate a pressure of 8 bars.
- The energy efficiency BEE rating of the water heater is 4 stars.
5. V Guard Water Heater Victo 25 Litres – Free Installation with Inlet and Outlet pipes
If you are having a large family and if you need a water heater with a large capacity then this should be an ideal choice for you the water heater comes with a very affordable price and the brand also offers a free installation on every purchase. Here are more details of the water heater.
- The water heater has a 5 star BEE Rating and this enables you to save electricity even during intense winter season.
- The heating element is Incoloy 800 which is known for the superior quality and the super long life.
- The inner tank of the water heater is made of stainless steel and it has an inner coating of glass which again makes it resistant to corrosion.
- In terms of the warranty, the water heater has a warranty coverage of 2 years but the warranty on the heating element is 3 years. Whereas, the warranty offered on the inner tank is 5 years.
- Just like other water heaters, this water heater is also loaded with several safety features which offers you a complete peace of mind.
4. AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater
You have already seen a horizontal mounted water heater from AO Smith but this is a vertically mounted water heater. Unlike the old designs, this is a modern looking compact water heater. Do visit the product page to check all the reviews and rating of the water heater.
- The storage capacity of 15 litres. Moreover, the brand also offers a free installation in many cities including most of the major population centers.
- The heating element used in this water heater has a ceramic coating which basically protects it against the corrosion and it increase the life of the element. AO Smith offers a warranty of 3 years on the heating element. If you register the product within 60 days of the purchase then you get an extended warranty of 1 more years.
- The brand also offers a 7 year long warranty on the inner tank of the water heater and on all other parts, the general warranty applicable is 2 years.
- The inner tank has a double glass coating which is certainly beneficial if you are using hard water in the system.
- The energy efficiency rating of the water heater is 5 stars
3. Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
This is one of the most popular water heaters from Crompton Solarium and the water heater is also very compact in size. The ivory color of the water makes it the best fit in every bathroom. Here is a list of features of this amazing water heater.
- The water heater has a total capacity of 15 liters and it comes with a Nano polymer coated tank which has a high durability.
- The water heater is highly energy efficient and it has a 5-star
- The product has an overall warranty of two years whereas the warranty on the tank is 5 years.
- The pressure rating for this water heater is 8 bars which is good enough for high rise buildings.
- The heating element of this water heater is coated with nickel and hence it lasts really long even if you are using hard water in the house.
2. Kenstar Jacuzzi KGS15W5P 15-Litre Storage Water Heater (Cream)
Next on our list is a water heater from Kenstar and this is also a 15 liter capacity water heater. It is also available in a 25 liter variant and you can choose the one which suits your family size and your needs.
- The water heater has a 5 star energy efficiency which enables you to save electricity during the use.
- Kenstar offers 6 years of warranty on the product and hence it is built to last.
- The body of the water heater is made of ABS and hence you do not have to worry about the rusting or corrosion.
- The water heater also has 3 heat settings and it has a good insulation which makes it possible for the heater to retain the hot water even when the water heater is turned off for long durations.
- The tank of the water heater is made of stainless steel but it has a glass coating which not only provides insulation but also prevents corrosion.
1. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
If you live alone then having a 10 litre water heater doesn’t makes a lot of sense. Moreover, if you want a water heater for a kitchen or a place where you do not need a lot of hot water then this is the perfect model for you. The water heater has a capacity of 3 litres and it is highly rated in terms of customer satisfaction. You can visit the product page for all other details.
- Crompton offers an overall warranty of 2 years on the product.
- The water heater is highly compact which makes it easy to shift during the house move.
- The brand also provides with free installation on the product and all you have to do is that you have to call the customer service and book an appointment.
- The inner tank of the heater is made of steel which is itself very durable.
- The heating element of the water heater is made of copper which is thermally efficient and quickly heats the water.
- This small package is also loaded with safety features to cut-off the element in case of over-heating.
Let’s look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of having a storage water heater installed at home.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Storage Water Heater
- One of the best advantages of storage water heater is that these water heaters are really common and hence they are cheaper, effective and also easy to repair. This is not the case with gas geysers and instant water heaters.
- Another advantage is that these heaters run on electricity and they do not run on combustible LPG gas which makes them even safer to use. Apart from this, the storage gas heater has features like the auto cut-off thermostat which disconnects the heating element once the water reaches a certain temperature.
- These storage water heater has different capacities and hence you can buy the water heater as per your need and your family size. This not only saves electricity but it also optimizes space utilization in the bathroom.
- While using a storage water heater, you do not have to be worried about running out of LPG gas and hence you will never be in a situation where you might not get hot water for shower.
- On the flip side, these electric water heaters consume a lot more electricity and hence they can momentarily shoot up your electricity bill.
- The power cuts in India are also very common and hence there could be a time when there is no electricity and you are in need of hot water. In such a case, the electric water heater renders useless.
- Another disadvantage of having the storage water heater is that it takes a little more time to heat the water. The time taken to heat the water is directly proportional to the capacity of the geyser and the temperature of the water you want.
What you must know is that every house has a different requirement and hence what might be the best water heater for Mr. A. might not match your needs and it might not be a good product for you. In such a case, there are certain factors that you need to consider while buying a water heater.
These are all the best Water Heaters available in India and you can also choose the online medium to make the purchase.
Not only you will get the right price but most of the e-retailers offer you a free installation and free delivery of the water heater.
- Best Air Coolers in India
- Best Air Purifiers in India
- Best Room Heaters in India
- Best Gas Geyser in India