A majority of the people reading this article would have an idea of how to play tennis and the basic difference between badminton and tennis. We know that tennis racquets have to be stronger and powerful than badminton racquets.
You should also know that picking up the right racquet could help largely to improve the game. However, selecting the best tennis racquet is not that easy. There are factors that you should consider to get yourself the best tennis racquet. You would have a basic idea of each factor listed below; however, most of the people tend to neglect these factors as they feel it is not important.
- Size of racquet head
- Overall weight distribution
- Grip size
- String pattern
Apart from these factors, there are also few other factors that should be considered, but those factors are not as important as the factors mentioned above.
Size of the racquet head – Have you ever notice the different head sizes in a racket? Yes, it is true; these are 4-types of tennis racquets based on the head size of the racquet.
- Midsize – head area 80-94 inch2
- Midplus – head area 95-105 Inch2
- Oversize – head area 110-115 Inch2
- Super oversize – 116-135 Inch2
Now, you might think that racket head size is not something important, no, it is very important. As the head size increases the tennis racquet, lets the player generate more power and it provides more sweet area. Racquets with larger head size are best recommended for beginners and intermediate. On the other hand, tennis racquets with smaller head size racquets are more preferred by experts.
Overall weight distribution – Tennis racquets are differentiated on the basis of their weight balancing. The tennis racquets with comparatively more weight at the head part is designed to deliver power. On the other hand, tennis racquet with comparatively less head weight is designed for higher control rather than power.
Grip size – Even though, some players neglect the above two factors. They seriously consider the size of the grips placed on the tennis racquet. Numbers 1-5 denotes the grip size of a tennis racquet, size 1 being the smallest and size 5 being the largest available. Size 1-2 is recommended for junior players, 2-3 for women, and 3-4 for men.
String pattern – Yes, string pattern is very important while purchasing a tennis racquet, Most of the people does not realize this fact. There are generally two types of string patterns, open string pattern and closed string pattern.
Open string pattern – 16×18
Closed string pattern – 18×20
An open string delivers more power and spin on hitting the ball as this type of string pattern tend to be more elastic by nature.
Closed string, on the other hand, is more durable and does not deflect the ball as it does in open string pattern tennis racquet.
As I mentioned above, factors like cost and brand are also to be considered while purchasing a tennis racquet. However, tennis racquet from a well-reputed brand will carry an expensive price tag. Check also badminton list here.
Here is the list of best tennis racquets on the Indian market.
1. Wilson Advantage XL 3 Tennis Racquet
The Wilson Advantage XL 3 from the brand Wilson comes with V-matrix technology that ensures the tennis racquet provides a larger sweet spot.
- The whole product is made of air lite alloy that ensures durable and stability
- This tennis racquet comes incorporated with shock sleeves to prevent string vibrations
- The head size of this racquet is 112 sq Inches (oversize)
- The manufacturer has also placed excellent grips in this product.
2. Cosco Max Power Aluminum Tennis Racquet
This tennis racquet from the brand Cosco comes in an attractive color variant.
- This tennis racquet has a head size of 110 Sq Inches
- The Cosco Max Power aluminum tennis racquet has a 320-240mm balance
- The whole product is made of aluminum
- Tension – 38-45lbs
- This product is best recommended for intermediate players.
3. HEAD Titanium 3100 Tennis Racquet
This Head manufactured product is made of fused graphite and comes with several attractive features.
- This tennis racquet comes with a open string pattern
- The shaft/beam length of this tennis racquet is 22mm
- The product has total length of 27 Inches and a head size of 100 Inches2
- One of the notable things of this tennis racquet is that it comes with a 4 3/8 Inch grip made of excellent quality material
4. Wilson Energy Tennis Racquet
This tennis racquet from the brand Wilson is best recommended for beginners.
- The product comes with a head size of 112 Inch2
- The total length of the product is 27.5 Inches
- The manufacturer has placed a grip of size 4 3/6 Inches
- The whole racquet is made of a mixture of titanium and other metals and exhibits enhanced tensile strength.
- This tennis racquet is a open string type.
5. Nivia G-21 Aluminum Tennis Racquet, Children’s 21-inch (Green/Black)
This tennis racquet designed for juniors comes from the brand Nivia.
- The manufacturer offers full-length cover efficient enough to protect the product from any damages while travelling.
- The total length of this tennis racquet is 21 Inches
- The manufacturer has placed a size 0 grip in the tennis racquet.
- This tennis racquet is best recommended for beginners.
6. HEAD Ti S6 Tennis Racquet
This tennis racquet from the brand Head comes with a head size of 115-Inch2.
- This tennis racquet is a open string type
- The product has a shaft/beam length of 28.5mm
- The total length of the racquet is 27.75 Inches
- The string on this racquet is made of high-quality Titanium.
Tennis racquets come in different shape and size. Consider factors mentioned above and it will help you get yourself the best tennis racquets on the Indian market right now.