A majority of the people in India consumes rice and considers rice as a staple food. To perfectly cook the rice on a stove, it requires utmost attention and time. This simply means that the person cooking should be very involved in doing it and he/she cannot leave it to be cooked. We know that neither uncooked rice nor overcooked rice would be preferred for consumption as the uncooked rice is grainy and hard, on the other hand, overcooked rice is mushy/soupy and this leaves us to an important question what could we do.?
A rice cooker is a cooking device that can help you overcome all the above-mentioned issue and deliver you the best-cooked rice, which is neither overcooked nor under cooked. A basic rice cooker that we could purchase from the market today will have a timer and an on/off switch. All you have to do is set the cooking time and then switch on the device and leave it to be, come back and see for yourself the perfectly cooked rice.
Now, with all these basic things being told, rice cookers are not just for cooking rice. Today, there are sophisticated rice cookers that allow the user to cook oatmeal’s, vegetables, peanuts etc.
Purchasing a rice cooker is not as easy as you think, today, there are numerous brands that market rice cookers with different features and price.
Here is a list of key factors that you should consider while purchasing a rice cooker in India.
Capacity – rice cookers are available in different capacities. It could range from 0.99-Liters to 6.0-Liters. It is always important that you have an idea of how much rice or food would want to cook in the rice cooker. Once you are done calculating the amount of food, then you can easily choose the right rice cooker with the suitable capacity that is enough to satisfy your needs.
Operation’s possible – Rice cookers available on the Indian market today ranges from the one that performs a basic function, and a rice cooker that can cook multiple food items. For example, there are rice cookers that can cook rice only and there are rice cookers, which are comparatively more sophisticated and can cook more than just rice. It is always recommended that you buy a rice cooker that can cook both rice and other food.
Self-timer – Self-timer is an important factor to be considered while purchasing a rice cooker. As mentioned in the beginning the key feature makes the rice cooker efficient. If you still do not understand why a timer is what switches off the rice cooker once the rice is perfectly cooked. There are devices that come with an option that would allow you to set the timer and there are devices that will automatically set the time once you select the type of cooking mode. It is best recommended that you consider purchasing a rice cooker according to the style of your cooking.
Cooking mechanism – Rice cookers on the market today come in two variants, the one that incorporates the thermal cooking mechanism, and the one with heat induction cooking mechanism. If you ask me, which cooking mechanism is efficient, I would recommend the heat induction cooking mechanism. Recent reviews from more than 100+ customers support this fact. So, always consider purchasing a heat induction cooking mechanism incorporated rice cooker.
Auto warm feature – This is one of the most in-demand features in a rice cooker. If you are a person who is going to use the rice cooker for cooking rice once, you leave to office and return back late. But, you need warm and fresh rice, this feature can help you the most. An auto warm feature is a feature that keeps the rice warm until the whole device is disconnected from the power supply. This, in turn, will keep the rice warm. If you require this feature on your rice cooker, check the product specification and then purchase the product.
Cook & serve design – This feature allows the user to cook the rice and then serve the rise in the rice cooker itself. This could very useful if the user does not prefer transferring the rice from the rice cooker and then taking the utensils around to serve the rice. If you prefer purchasing a cook & serve design rice cooker, check the product specification as not all rice cookers come in this design.
Easy to clean – Almost every rice cookers are easy to clean. However, some models come with a complicated design that makes cleaning mess. So, consider purchasing a rice cooker which is least complicated and, in turn, easy to clean.
Warranty – Rice cooker is a device that is powered by electricity and can malfunction under certain circumstances. Therefore, it is always recommended that you purchase a rice cooker with the maximum warranty period.
Apart from the features mentioned above, you should also check if the rice cooker you purchase comes at a reasonable price, simmer or slow cook functions, dishwasher safe parts, light indicators, and non-stick inner pots.
- List of best rice cookers available in India
- 1. Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
- 2. Prestige Delight PRWO 1.0-(400 watts) 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
- 3. Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker Cute 1.8-2 (700 watts) with 2 aluminium cooking pans
- 4. Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker (White)
- 5. Bajaj Majesty RCX 1 Mini 0.4-Litre Multifunction Rice Cooker (White)
- 6. Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Burgundy)
- 7. Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker Combo Pack, 1.8 Litre
List of best rice cookers available in India
1. Bajaj RCX 5 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
Prestige is one of the best rice cooker makers in India and this product is no different.
- The product comes with a 1.8-liter capacity
- The cooking bowl incorporated in this rice cooker is made of aluminum and comes with anodized finishing
- The product consumes only 550-watts power and operates at a voltage of 230 volts
- One of the notable things of this rice cooker is that it comes with an automatic cooking feature that enables the user to switch on the device and the device does the rest of the work.
- This rice cooker also comes incorporated with stainless steel lid with steam vents
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty.
2. Prestige Delight PRWO 1.0-(400 watts) 1-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
This rice cooker from the brand Prestige is one of the least power-consuming product available today.
- This rice cooker has a capacity of 1.0-Liters
- The product consumes only 400-watts power and requires an operating voltage of 230 volts
- The overall weight of the whole product is just 1.45 kgs
- One of the notable features of this rice cooker is that the manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty on the heating plates.
- This rice cooker comes with cool touch handles that do not heat up while cooking.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the product.
- However, the manufacturer warns that the user should not wash the whole product as it could wet the electrical circuit leading to malfunctioning.
3. Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker Cute 1.8-2 (700 watts) with 2 aluminium cooking pans
Yet another product from the brand Prestige comes with a 1.8-liter capacity.
- This rice cooker comes with an aluminum cooking pan
- The manufacturer claims that the product can cook up to 1000grams of rice
- The rice cooker consumes 700-watts power and requires an operating voltage of 230 volts
- This product also has an auto warm feature that could keep the rice warm until the user open the rice cooker
- This product comes with a user guide instructing the user on how to clean the product
- The manufacturer offers a 5-year warranty on the heating plates
- The manufacturer also offers a 1-year warranty on the product.
4. Panasonic SR-WA18 E 4.4-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker (White)
This rice cooker from the brand Panasonic is a rice cooker with comparatively higher capacity.
- This rice cooker has a capacity is of 4.4-Liters
- This product comes with auto cooking feature and auto cut-off too
- The Panasonic SR-WA18 comes with a aluminum cooking pan and scoop holder
- The rice cooker capacity before cooking is almost equal to 1.8-Liters
- This product is made of ROHS compliant material.
- The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on the product and 5-year warranty on the heater.
5. Bajaj Majesty RCX 1 Mini 0.4-Litre Multifunction Rice Cooker (White)
The Bajaj Majesty RCX 1 from the brand Bajaj is a mini rice cooker with a capacity of 0.4-Liters.
- The product comes incorporated with a transparent lid that enables the user to monitor the status of cooking.
- One of the notable features of this rice cooker is that it comes with simple operation button that delivers straightforward operation
- The whole product has a compact size and comes incorporated with cool-touch handles that do not heat up during rice cooker functioning.
- This rice cooker is lightweight and this, in turn, allows the user to use this anywhere.
6. Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750-Watt Automatic Electric Cooker with Non-stick Cooking Pan (Burgundy)
This rice cooker from the brand Panasonic comes with a capacity of 5.4-Liters.
- This rice cooker comes in a capacity of cooking 0.9-Liters of raw rice.
- This product consumes a power of 750-watts and requires an operating voltage of minimum 220-volts to a maximum of 240-volts
- The product comes with features like auto cooking and scoop holder
- The manufacturer has incorporated a convenient bridge handle made of an insulated material that do not heat while cooking
- One of the notable things about this rice cooker is that it comes with a steaming basket that enables the user to steam cook other food materials.
- The product also comes with an auto-warm feature
- The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on this product.
7. Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker Combo Pack, 1.8 Litre
The Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB rice cooker from the brand Panasonic comes with a capacity of 1.8-Liters.
- This product comes with a 2 dish separator pan and steaming basket
- The rice cooker also has auto-cooking function incorporated into it.
- The Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB also comes with an auto warm function that can keep the rice warm for almost 5-hours.
- This rice cooker also comes with an aluminum pan that comes with anodized finishing.
- The total volume of the rice cooker is 4.4-Liters.
There you go, the buying guide would help you purchase the best rice cookers on the Indian market right now. Before you go looking for the best rice cooker consider the list of products mentioned above.