Everyone loves to have a big screen at home and the price of the TV is proportional to the size of the TV. In such a case, it doesn’t make a lot of sense financially to buy a big TV. Instead, what most of the people do is that they opt for a projector. The projector gives a clear picture and it can also help you in setting up a home theater. In addition to this, projectors are quite economical when compared to the large size TVs. Apart from this, you can also connect almost everything to the projectors. Most of the modern day projectors also support Wi-Fi connection.
If you are also planning to buy a projector for home then you must read this article before you buy a projector for yourself.
We have listed a short buying guide for you which would help you immensely in making the right choice.
Buying Guide for Projector
Here are some of the factors to be considered while buying a projector and most of these are technical terms. We have tried to make it as easy as possible for you.
Brightness in Lumen–This is an important factor to be considered while buying a projector. It is always better to buy a projector with a higher lumen rating as this makes sure that your picture is clear even when the room is not completely dark. Compare the models to find the projector with a higher lumen rating.
Image Resolution– The image resolution decides the quality of the picture. The high definition resolution usually starts at 1920 x 1080 and the picture quality is certainly remarkable. If you are a fan of movies then it is always better to buy a projector with higher resolution and higher pixel density.
Aspect Ratio– Aspect ratio basically determines the shape of the picture displayed. The commonly available aspect ratios are 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10. The ones with higher aspect ratio are the ones with wide screen projection. You can purchase the one which suits the dimension of the room where you want to project the video.
3D Projectors– You can also consider buying a 3D projector and they are a new piece of technology but the price of the projector can be a little higher. In return, the 3D projectors will add on to the fun and details of the picture.
Lamp Life– This is quite an important factor again and the lamp life basically means the hours after which the lamp’s brightness would be reduced to half. In such a case, it is understood that you may want to buy a projector with a longer lamp life as this would be cheaper to maintain. You can choose to buy a spare lamp along with the projector.
Type of Projector– There are two different types of the projector in terms of mounting. These two are the ceiling mounted type or the table mounted. It is always better to buy a ceiling mounted projector for yourself as it is more convenient to use.
Connectivity – Check all the available options for the connectivity for your projector and today, there are many projectors available with the wireless connectivity. They make it easy to stream the videos and other content and hence they are worth the extra price.
Lens Zoom– You must also buy a projector which comes with a lens shift or a 2x zoom so that it is easier to project the image on the screen. This makes it easier to adjust the image and
Throw Distance– Lastly, do consider the throw distance of the projector as this will tell you the size of the image produced when you keep the projector at a specific distance from the screen.
These were the points to be considered while making a purchase of the home projector. In addition to this, the projectors will add to the fun in your family and you will certainly have a good time. You can watch movies with your family or you can watch games with your friends. Everything will now be available to you.
If you are still not able to decide the best projector for your home then do not worry and go through the list of best projectors mentioned below.
The list will help you in making a final choice and bringing happiness to the home.
- Bestselling Projector In India
- 5. OZOY Unic uc40 UNIC UC46+ Wi-Fi USB/HDMI/VGA/WIFI Miracast DLNA Airplay 1200 lm LED Corded Portable Projector
- 4. ViviBright GP80 1800LM 1920*1080 HD Home Theater Portable LED Projector with Remote Controller, Support HDMI, VGA, AV, USB Interfaces, Black
- 3. UNIC UC46 Portable 1080P 800×480 Resolution Wi-Fi LED Projector
- 2. EGATE i9 LED HD Projector (Black) HD 1920 x 1080-120-inch Display
- 1. BenQ MS 506-P DLP Projector (Black)
Bestselling Projector In India
5. OZOY Unic uc40 UNIC UC46+ Wi-Fi USB/HDMI/VGA/WIFI Miracast DLNA Airplay 1200 lm LED Corded Portable Projector
This model from Ozoy is quite a popular Projector for home and there are heavy discounts on this projector through online retailers. Checkout the latest price and features of the product with help of the link mentioned below.
- Projector has a TFT LCD image system with a brightness of 1200 Lumens.
- The maximum resolution of the Projector is 1080p and the projector comes with a lamp life of 20,000 hours.
- The projector is capable of generating 16.7 million colors.
- The ideal projection distance is between 1.07 meters to 3.8 meter.
- Various input options available including USB, HDMI, VGA and Wi-Fi link.
- 16:9 aspect ratio available
- The projector can easily be mounted on the roof.
4. ViviBright GP80 1800LM 1920*1080 HD Home Theater Portable LED Projector with Remote Controller, Support HDMI, VGA, AV, USB Interfaces, Black
Next on our list is a projector from Vivi Bright and the project is quite potable. It is known for the quality output and you can again find a lot of discounts on this projector as well. It is available in black color and it is perfect for a home because of its extremely portable design.
- The projector from Vivi Bright has a rating of 1800 Lumen
- The image size can vary between 40 inches to 135 inches and this depends on the distance from the screen.
- Possible to feed the Projector with HDMI, USB, AVI and VGA inputs.
- Comes with an inbuilt stereo speaker.
- Devices like pen drive, smartphones,and external hard drives can be connected to this portable projector.
- 1 year standard warranty applicable.
3. UNIC UC46 Portable 1080P 800×480 Resolution Wi-Fi LED Projector
This is one of the most versatile projectors available for you. The projector has many connectivity options and you must check the complete list of features on the product page. You can also check the reviews and the question answers on the page to clear all your doubts.
- Unic Projector has a brightness of 1200 Lumen and a resolution of 1080 p
- Lamp life is 20,000 hours.
- Image size projected is between 34 inch and 130 inches with a color profile of 16.7 Million Color.
- Input supported – USB, HDMI, SD, AV, VGA
- Supports the projection distance between 1.07 meters to 3.8 meters
- Supports set-top box connection for watching TV on the box.
- Possible to cast screen of the phone with help of the Wi-Fi
2. EGATE i9 LED HD Projector (Black) HD 1920 x 1080-120-inch Display
Egate i9 is one of the affordable and best-selling projectors available on the online marketplace. Easily available discounts and a high picture quality. The brand also has a central helpline to provide support. Has a very good rating with a high number of reviews. Check out rest of the details by visiting the product page.
- Egate i9 comes with 30,000 hours of lamp life which makes it really durable.
- Supports HD as well as native resolution
- High contrast ratio of 1000:1
- Maximum screen size available is 120 inches.
- Brightness offered is 1500 lumen which offers a very good quality.
- Supports input via HDMI, USB, SD Card, VGA and AV
- Supports home theater set up can speakers can easily be connected.
- Heat, dust,and fluctuation proof product. Made in India for Use in India
- Built-in speakers available.
- I9 comes with 5 piece glass lens which offers great clarity and the lens has a short focal length.
- Comes with standard 1 year warranty.
1. BenQ MS 506-P DLP Projector (Black)
If you do not have a budget set then you can opt for BenQ projector. This is a synonym of quality and performance. The projector is quite expensive but it is highly reliable. You can go through all the reviews of the projector via online product page. Use the link to find the product page.
- Amazing Contrast ratio of 13000:1
- High brightness offered as it is 3200 Lumens. Makes the viewing comfortable and sharp even when it is not totally dark.
- 3D ready projector to project 3D content.
- Lamp Life of 10,000 Hours.
- Comes with auto adjustment function.
- Supports Full HD resolution.
- Equipped with Digital Light Processing technology for a better viewing experience.
- Comes with 2 years warranty support from BenQ India.
These are some of the best projectors for a home in India and you can check for the deals online so as to save money and get the right product for yourself. The online medium would also give you a way to compare the projectors easily.