There was a time when printers were too rare and people had to visit Xerox or printing shops to get their photographs or documents printed. However, today, printers are comparatively affordable.
With the number of printer models available on the market increasing day by day, it is not that easy to purchase the product. You would have to consider the factors mentioned below to get yourselves or your loved ones the best printers available on the market.
1. Types of printer
There are different types of printers available on the Indian market right now. Here are the types of printers.
- Inkjet printer – Inkjet printers are commonly referred to as color printers. These are one of the top quality printers in the world today. In this type of printer, the ink is sprayed to the paper, in order, to produce the appropriate print. Majority of the inkjet printers come with a 3-in-1 feature that enables them to print, copy and scan documents.
- Laser printer – A laser printer, unlike inkjet printer, do not use any color. It is black and white and the print quality is comparatively lesser than that of an inkjet printer. One of the biggest advantages of a laser printer is that it is cost-effective and faster than inkjet printer is.
- Photo printers – This type of printer specialize in printing photographs on specialized papers. Such photo printers are designed to print photographs from directly from the SD cards, Compact Flash, memory sticks, digital camera, DSLR etc.
- 3D printers – 3D printers are the top innovation of this century. Unlike any other printers, this printer constructs 3D objects by releasing molten material into thin layers in such a way that it stacks one over the other to form the resulting 3D object.
Now you know the types of printers and its uses. So, while purchasing a printer, consider the type of printer according to your requirement.
Not all printers come with the same connectivity features. One of the common connection methods that could be found in all printers is USB connection. However, today, it is all about wireless connection. So, it is important that you consider purchasing a printer with not only wired connectivity option, but also, wireless connection option.
3. Paper handling
If you are not aware, then, you should know that not all printers handle the paper in the same way. There are different sizes of paper available, A2, A3, A4 etc. Some printers could handle more than 100 sheets of papers in its paper tray. Now, talking about the paper loading, there are printers that could pull in the paper from the paper tray using rubber rollers inbuilt in them, on the other hand, there are printers that have a top-loading feature that feeds the paper into the printer with gravity force.
4. Printer speed
I have already mentioned the speed of each printer while explaining the types of printers available on the market. Laser printers are the fastest type of printer available on the market right now. The speed of the printer is denoted pages per minute (PPM) or copies per minute (CPM). The PPM or CPM is basically denoted by numbers, the larger the number is the fast the printer will be.
Do you know that even though an A4 paper could cost only between INR .5 to INR 1, if the number of pages to be printed in bulk then it could mean that the total cost could go up. This is where Duplexing come into the role. This feature enables the printer to print not only on one side of the paper but also on the second side of the paper. Therefore, reduce the wastage of paper and, in turn, the total cost.
6. Extra features
Printers today come with many extra features but not all of them could be useful or suit your requirement. Printers with a card reader, plug, and play, inbuilt storage etc are some of the top features that could be useful to you.
To my point of view and expertise in this field, I would recommend that you consider purchasing a printer with higher PPM, appropriate paper handling, Duplexing, and multiple features like print, copy, and scanning.
Here is the list of best printers available on the Indian market with a price less than INR 10000.
- 1. Ricoh SP 111 Jam-Free Monochrome Laser Printer
- 2. HP 1020 Plus Single Function Monochrome Laser Printer
- 3. Canon E560 Multifunction Wireless Ink Efficient Colour Printer with Auto-Duplex Printing
- 4. Canon LBP2900B Laser Printer
- 5. HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer
- 6. Canon Pixma G2000 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer (Black)
- 7. Epson L130 Single-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer
1. Ricoh SP 111 Jam-Free Monochrome Laser Printer
This Monochrome laser printer comes with a PPM of 16 that means the printer could print 126 papers per minute. This product comes incorporated with high-speed USB 2.0 feature and 1200 x 600 DPI. This printer is easy to use and is easy to maintain. The paper tray incorporated into this printer could hold around 50 papers and could print about 10,000 pages with one refill.
Price – INR 7,450/- approx
2. HP 1020 Plus Single Function Monochrome Laser Printer
This single function monochrome laser printer could print on A4, A5, A6, B5, C5, DL, and postcards and the product comes with a 1-year warranty. The printer could print 14 pages per minute and is incorporated with high-speed USB connectivity feature. The product has a manual Duplexing feature incorporated into it and has a print resolution of 600 x 600 DPI. The overall power consumption of this printer is just 250-watts.
Price – INR 10,299/- approx
3. Canon E560 Multifunction Wireless Ink Efficient Colour Printer with Auto-Duplex Printing
This inkjet printer comes with wireless connection feature and high-efficiency ink printing. This printer comes with 1-year warranty and has Wi-Fi, USB, and plug and print feature. The product could print 9.9 pages per minute and the pages are printed based on ISO standards. One of the notable things about this printer is that it comes with automatic Duplexing feature.
Price – INR 6,445/- approx
4. Canon LBP2900B Laser Printer
This laser printer from the brand Canon has a PPM of 12 and this printer is an entry-level mono laser printer. This printer comes with USB connectivity and is compatible with Windows, Linux, and iOS. The printer comes incorporated with the latest technology for high-speed technology. This printer could deliver a print resolution of 600 x 600 DPI.
Price – INR 10,590/- approx
5. HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer
This printer from HP is an inkjet printer that comes incorporated with wireless connectivity feature. The printer could print 8.5 pages per minute and the product comes with 1-year product warranty. This printer could deliver the print resolution of 4800 x 1200 optimized DPI and could print almost 1000 pages per cartridge. This printer could scan, copy, and print with ease.
Price – INR 8,990/- approx
6. Canon Pixma G2000 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer (Black)
The Canon Pixma model printer is a photograph-printing machine that could print, copy, and scan at the same time. The product comes incorporated with high-speed USB connectivity and a 1-year product warranty. This printer could print 8.8 pages per minute at a price of 21 Paisa per color page and 8 paisa per black and white page. This printer could deliver a print resolution of 4800×1200 DPI.
Price – INR 9,499/- approx
7. Epson L130 Single-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer
This inkjet printer from the brand Epson could be used for printing purpose only. The device comes incorporated with USB connectivity feature and 1-year product warranty. One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a PPM of 27 pages, which is comparatively faster than other inkjet printers.
Price – INR 7,689/- approx
Printers come in different type and with different specification. Understand your purpose and then purchase a printer accordingly. To make things easier for you I have added a list of best printers and the buying guide above.