A pedestal fan is one of the most common types of fan found in offices, industries etc. Pedestal fans deliver more air and offer features like high velocity etc. A pedestal fan is like all the other fans in its functioning, the only notable difference is its external structure. However, pedestal fan cannot be compared to an air cooler or air conditioner.
Today, the Indian market is flooded with numerous models of pedestal fans from different manufacturers. Each model of the pedestal fan from different manufacturers might vary with their velocity of air delivered, design, and height. So, how exactly will you select the best pedestal fan? Let’s look deep into factors to consider while purchasing a pedestal fan in India.
Room Size – This is the main factor to consider while purchasing a pedestal fan. Pedestal fan’s come in different size, each size pedestal fan is suitable for a fixed room area, you should find out the area you need the fan to deliver the air and then purchase the fan accordingly.
The speed of the fan – Speed of the fan commonly refers to the maximum speed at which the fan blade rotates to deliver the air. Different pedestal fans from different manufacturers and brands come with different fan speed, the speed is often denoted in rpm. However, there is one thing you should remember, so fans with very high rpm r speed produce comparatively more speed than medium speed fans. The sound decreases as the type of blades and angles change. So, it is always recommended to purchase fans with high speed and nominal sound.
The degree of movement – Some of the pedestal fans in the market today have fixed head, whereas, some of the fans come with rotatable heads. Fixed head pedestal fans are best if you want to cool down a fixed area, and rotatable head fans are best if you need to cool a larger area. Rotatable head fans are also called oscillations. Most of the pedestal fans come with automatic oscillation, such fans sweep and cool larger area than fixed head pedestal fans.
The height of the pedestal – Almost all pedestal fans come with features that allow the user to adjust the height of the fan. All you have to do is turn some screws or nuts and then loosen it, lift the head and then hold it still and tighten the screw. While purchasing a pedestal fan always keep in mind to buy the ones with the medium height. The higher the pedestal height, the bigger the base should be to balance the weight and the force of the rotating motor on its head.
Numbers of blade – People are not actually aware of the importance of the number of blades on a pedestal fan. There is a relation between the number of blades and the air flow. The higher number of blades the higher is the air flow. So always consider buying pedestal fans with a larger number of blades.
Type of controls – Most of the pedestal fans come with controls fixed on the fan itself. These are few pedestal fans today on the market with remote controls that enables the user to control the speed of the fan and the degree of oscillation remotely.
Easiness of cleaning the blades – Every pedestal fan will have blades; the number of blades could vary with the model you choose. It could be a 3-blade fan or 4 blade fans. As we all know these blades rotate to produce airflow in each fan and these fans after some time will have dirt sticking on to them, this reduces the air circulation and makes the fan look dirty. So, always consider purchasing a pedestal fan with cleanable blades.
- Best Buy Pedestal Fan Online in India 2018
- 1. Usha Maxx Air 400mm Pedestal Fan (White)
- 2. Havells Sprint LED 400mm Pedestal Fan (Wine Red)
- 3. Usha Maxx Air Comfy 400mm Pedestal Fan with Remote (White)
- 4. V-Guard Finesta Remote 400mm Pedestal Fan (Yellow Black)
- 5. Usha Helix Pro High Speed 400MM Pedestal Fan (40)
- 6. Usha Mist Air Ex 400mm Pedestal Fan (White) (63)
- 7. Bajaj Victor VP-R01 400mm Pedestal Fan (White/Blue)
- Pedestal Fan Pros and Cons
Best Buy Pedestal Fan Online in India 2018
Apart from the above mentioned factors, there are factors like cost, colour, energy efficiency etc. A fan with higher speed consumes more electricity, and is comparatively costlier than other low speed or medium speed fan. However, considering all the factors mentioned above, here are some of the best pedestal fans available on the market right now.
1. Usha Maxx Air 400mm Pedestal Fan (White)
The Usha Maxx Air 400mm Pedestal Fan from the manufacturer Usha is one of the best and top pedestal fan available on the Indian market right now. This pedestal fan is considered as the one with the highest air delivery in the 400mm segment. The blades incorporated in this fan have a unique aerodynamic design and they are semi-transparent. One of the notable things about this pedestal fan is that it has an oil reservoir that enhances the motor life. The fan also has a design that ensures the fan work without jerks and the motor gives a uniform oscillation. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on the product.
2. Havells Sprint LED 400mm Pedestal Fan (Wine Red)
This pedestal fan has one of the strong motors that perform well to exhibit excellent air delivery; the oscillation of this pedestal fan is uniform and smooth. One of the notable things about this fan is its low power consumption and lifespan. The manufacturer offers a warranty of 2-year on this product.
3. Usha Maxx Air Comfy 400mm Pedestal Fan with Remote (White)
This device unlike the pedestal fans listed above comes with a remote that enables the user to control the fans speed and oscillation. The head of this pedestal fan can be titled and this is a unique feature in pedestal fans. The fan also has a 7.5 hour max timer and options to set speed to 3 levels (low, mid, high). The aerodynamic blade design enables the fan deliver good quantity of air.
4. V-Guard Finesta Remote 400mm Pedestal Fan (Yellow Black)
The V-Guard Finesta Remote 400mm Pedestal Fan has an attractive baby size motor that functions to deliver good quantity air. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product. Most of the customers have reviewed that the product is efficient in delivery quality air and the power consumption is comparatively low.
5. Usha Helix Pro High Speed 400MM Pedestal Fan (40)
The Usha Helix Pro High Speed 400MM Pedestal Fan comes with a speed of 2300Rpm and delivers comparatively 70% more air than other fans. The manufacturer has designed the product in such a way that the user can tilt the head according to his requirement. The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
6. Usha Mist Air Ex 400mm Pedestal Fan (White) (63)
The Usha mist air 400mm pedestal fan comes with one of the most powerful fans motors that deliver comparatively larger quantity of air. The manufacturer has incorporated a motor over-heat protection feature that ensures the motor does not burn out during long hours of run. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on this product.
7. Bajaj Victor VP-R01 400mm Pedestal Fan (White/Blue)
The Bajaj Victor VP-R01 400mm Pedestal Fan comes with a remote control that allows the user to control the fan settings remotely. The manufacturer has incorporated an acrylic blade on this device that rotates to deliver good quantity air. The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
Pedestal Fan Pros and Cons
Pros of Pedestal Fan:
- No setup cost – Pedestal fan doesn’t require any installation.
- Reliable & Cheap – It is affordable for all. The person who cannot afford A.C can switch to a pedestal fan.
- Movable – Pedestal fan is not fixed to one place. You don’t need to move and sit just under the fan in the source of wind. If you are working in a certain place, but it’s time to sleep, you can carry the fan to your bedroom.
- Flexible – It is flexible in nature you can adjust it according to the sitting position.
- It’s all in all – The pedestal fan doesn’t require a separate regulator or detached wiring.
Cons of Pedestal Fan:
- Use of electricity – Pedestal fan consumes more electricity than a ceiling fan.
- Décor – Pedestal fan comes in the same pattern, comparing to a ceiling fan it does have a lighting facility, so we can have both fan & light at one place.
- Noise – Though with the up gradation of the techno, pedestal fans have come up with noise-free oscillation, still, noise persists which somehow disturb the sleep.
- Play for children – The pedestal fan is ease reach for children, they can play with the regulator of pedestal fan, and out of curiosity they can put their fingers in the moving blades.
A pedestal fan is one of the appliances that is in demand at summer time, most of the people who cannot afford an air conditioner or air cooler always consider to buy a pedestal fan that delivers good quantity air and consumes comparatively lesser electricity. However, consider the factors mentioned above while purchasing a pedestal fan.