Juicers were not common a few years back, but, today, people tend to buy juicers as it makes easy for the user to extract the juice from the fruits. There are different types of juicers available on the Indian market right now. Each of them performs a common basic function but their working may vary. But, it is totally up to you to select the type of juicer you need.
Types of Juicers Available on the Indian Market
Centrifugal juicers – This type of juicer is the most common type of juicer, they come with a comparatively larger mouth for feeding fruits into it so that the user does not have to cut the fruits into small pieces. However, centrifugal juicers produce more sound than other types of juicers. On the other hand, centrifugal juicers are comparatively more powerful than other types too.
- Advantages – Fast juicing time, cheaper, easy to use, less time-consuming
- Disadvantages – Noisy, less juice yield, higher juice separation and foaming feature.
Masticating or slow juicers – This type of juicer come with sharp metal teeth that chew the materials, one of the greatest advantages of this type of juicer is that it extracts the maximum amount of juice from the pulp.
- Advantages – maximum juice extraction, less oxidation, more nutrients are extracted from the pulp
- Disadvantages – slow juice extraction, higher power consumption
Twin gear juicers – This type of juicer comes with two gears which crush and extracts the pulp from the fruit. The fruit is first passed through the strainer and then it is again passed through twin gears at the bottom.
- Advantages – can extract juice from any fruits and any leaf, high quality and efficiency
- Disadvantages – time-consuming procedure, comparatively expensive, difficult to clean
Now, you know the types of juicers available on the Indian market right now. With all these things being told, here are some of the best juicers available on the Indian market right now.
- Bestselling Juicer In India
- 1. Philips HL1632 500-Watt 3 Jar Juicer Mixer Grinder with Fruit Filter (Blue)
- 2. Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer (Black/Silver)
- 3. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre Juicer, Ink Black
- 4. Sujata Powermatic Plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder
- 5. Prestige PCJ 7.0 (500 Watt) Centrifugal Juicer
- 6. Philips HR2775 1-Litre 25-Watt Citrus Press Juicer (White)
- 7. Bajaj Majesty JX 4 450-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder (Ivory Colour)
- Juicer Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
Bestselling Juicer In India
1. Philips HL1632 500-Watt 3 Jar Juicer Mixer Grinder with Fruit Filter (Blue)
The Philips HL1632 500-Watt 3 Jar Juicer Mixer Grinder with Fruit Filter from the brand Philips is one of the best juicers available on the Indian market right now. This juicer consumes 500-watts power and comes with 3 jars. This includes chutney jar, blender jar, and multipurpose jar. This product comes with 3 speed and 3 pulse options. The manufacturer has incorporated a powerful motor and also provides a 2-year warranty on the product. The multipurpose jar can be used for grinding, mixing, and pureeing functions. To be simple, this is one of the best all-rounder device available on the market today.
2. Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer (Black/Silver)
The another product is from Philips brands, this device comes with a 1.2-liter pulp container and 800ml juice jug. This product consumes a total of 700-watts and comes with 1 speed setting. The whole device is made of aluminium and is easy to use. The manufacturer has also designed the product in such a way that it is easy to clean and can be used to squeeze the maximum juice from the fruit.
3. Philips Viva Collection HR1832/00 1.5-Litre Juicer, Ink Black
This is also a Philips product’s, this device can extract up to 1.5 litres of juice from the materials in one go. The product comes with jug and pulp container. The exterior of the device is made of ABS plastic and the material jug is made of pp plastic. The manufacturer have placed rubber bush type material at the base of the device to make it slip free. The device consumes about 400-watts power and all the parts of the device is dishwasher safe.
4. Sujata Powermatic Plus 900 Watts Juicer Mixer Grinder
This device comes with a 1-year warranty on the product and 900-watts power consumption. One of the notable things about this device is that it comes with unique honeycomb filter mesh and 22000 rpm operation. The blades in this device is made of stainless steel and the mixer jar is made of transparent and unbreakable material. The manufacturer also claims that this device can function for 90 minutes continuously without any issues.
5. Prestige PCJ 7.0 (500 Watt) Centrifugal Juicer
The Prestige PCJ 7.0 (500 Watt) Centrifugal Juicer suitable for fruits/vegetables consumes 500-watts power and comes with 1-year warranty. This a centrifugal type juicer that comes incorporated with dual locking system. This device also comes with anti-drip features and extra wide mouth to feed in fruits and vegetables. The power cord that comes incorporated on this device can be detached when not in user or when transported.
6. Philips HR2775 1-Litre 25-Watt Citrus Press Juicer (White)
The Philips HR2775 1-Litre 25-Watt Citrus Press Juicer device is compact and comes with a 2-year warranty. One of the notable things about this juicer is that it consumes only 25-watts power and also a feature that allows to switch between pulp selector and juice extraction. This device comes with cord storage space and drip prevention features.
7. Bajaj Majesty JX 4 450-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder (Ivory Colour)
This product is from Bajaj brand that consumes only 450-watts power and comes with 2 speed options. The product also comes with an inbuilt pulp container and overload protection system. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on the product.
Juicer Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
There are there some factors that you should consider before purchasing a juicer in India.
Type of produce – I have mentioned above the different types of juicers available on the Indian market today, in it, I have explained the difference and the advantages of each type of juices. However, even though, all the juicers serve a common purpose, there is a difference in the end product. If you need to extract the maximum juice from the fruit or leaf it is best to purchase a slow juicer.
On the other hand, if you need to extract juice from vegetables, and fruits then, the best choice will be to purchase a centrifugal juicer.
Size and capacity –Capacity or size of the juicer refer to the amount or quantity of fruits or any material that a juicer can process or crush to extract the pulp or juice. The larger the capacity is the more amount of material the device can crush and the more output juice we get.
Storage capacity – Juicers can extract juice and pulp from any fruit, vegetable, and leaves. There is no limit to how much materials we can feed into this device. Some juicers come with inbuilt storage feature that can store the juice for a long time. This storage differs from one device to another, however, it is always better to purchase a device with a storage feature.
Speed and noise – As the capacity/size of the juicer increases the size of the motor also increases, as the size of the motor increases the noise also increases. However, there are some brands/manufacturers that incorporate their products with high-quality, high power, and noiseless motors. One of the most common complaints that we often come across is that the annoying loud motor noise. So, it is very important that you purchase a product with suitable motor specifications and at the same time, less noise.
Easiness of cleaning – Juicers is easy to clean and take apart, however, some juicers come with extra features and functions. These devices might have complicated design and structure which makes it difficult to clean. It is always better to consider a device with less complicated design and structure for the ease of cleaning.
Brand and price – Best products come from reputed manufacturers/brands. If you start searching the market for best juicers, then you can see numerous products from different brands/manufacturers. This includes products from generic brands and reputed brands. One of the most important things you should know is that products from reputed manufacturers come with a warranty and quality components. So, it is very important that you purchase a juicer that comes from a reputed brand. With this being told, a reputed brand comes with comparatively a slightly expensive price tag.
Advantages of using a juicer and juicing –
- A juicer extracts juice from the material fed into it, the juice extracted from the fruits if consumed, more nutrients is absorbed by the body because the digestive system does not have to digest all the fibre.
- Juicing allows the user to consume more nutrients and more fruits efficiently.
- Feeds good bacteria to the gut.
- Experts suggest that juicing can reduce cancer and also fight cancer
- Helps in reducing high cholesterol
- Enable detoxification of our body
- Consuming juices can help reducing the blood sugar levels
A juicer is one of the most common home appliances found at the every house with a person who cares so much about his/her health.
Everything you need to know about juicers are mentioned above and all the products listed above are the best and top-rated products available on the Indian market right now.
- Best Stand Mixers in India
- Best Hand Blender in India
- Best Mixer Grinder 750 Watts in India
- Best Wet Grinders in India
- Best Manual Juicers in India