Like bananas, avocado’s, apple, and many other fruits tea leaf’s turn brown if they are kept outside for a very long time. One of the main reasons behind such phenomenon is because of the oxidation process.
Here is how green tea is prepared, once the tea leaves are plucked, the oxidization has to be stopped by oven-roasting, pan-frying, or steaming the leaves. This process fixes the tea’s flavour to fresh and grassy. The quality of the green tea depends on how exactly these processes are done.
Green teas are comparatively difficult to brew than normal teas. This becomes complicated when it comes to Japanese varieties. The method of brewing green tea depends on the variety of green tea leaves, so, I will mention some of the general steps and things to consider while preparing green tea.
According to experts, you will need almost 2 grams of green tea powder or leaves for 100 ml of water to prepare green tea. The water temperature should be around and between 60 to 85o C and the steeping time should be from thirty seconds to three minutes.
With all this being told, while preparing green tea, these are the general and most important rule to follow. For higher quality of green tea, you will have to use more green tea leaves and lower water temperature and also shorter steeping time. On the other hand, if you need lower quality green tea you will have to add fewer green tea leaves/green tea powder and water should have a higher temperature and longer steeping time.
Here are the few things that you should consider while purchasing green tea in India.
- Brand – Green tea products are available on the market from various manufacturers both generic and branded. But, the quality of the products is guaranteed in branded products only in most cases. So, always prefer purchasing green tea products from a well-reputed manufacturer.
- Tea bags or loose green tea – This is one of the most common ground of confusion among the customers. But, there are a lot of debates going on about this. But, as far as I know, if you are looking forward to high medicinal effectiveness from the green tea always prefer purchasing loose green tea rather than tea bags. But, if you dislike using loose green tea, prefer using tea bags. However, there are only few difference between the two, loose green tea contains more antioxidants and they are as natural as they can be, but, on the other hand some experts suggest that tea bags come with green tea with lesser antioxidant and also might contain chemicals on both tea bags and in the green tea.
- The number of tea bags or quantity of green tea leaves –Like mentioned above green tea is available in both tea bags and loose, if it comes in tea bags each product will have a fixed number of tea bags in them and if they are lose type the quantity of green tea will be denoted in weight. Always prefer purchasing a small amount of green tea. A pack of 25 tea bags or a pack of green tea with weight 250 grams. If green tea is exposed to humidity, it might not be suitable for use.
These are some of the main factors and things to know about green tea, considering all the factors mentioned above, below mentioned are some of the best green tea products available on the Indian market right now.
- 1. Tetley Green Tea, Lemon and Honey (25 bags)
- 2. Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea, 25 Tea Bags (Pack of 2)
- 3. Organic India Tulsi Green – 25 Tea Bags
- 4. Tetley Green Tea, Ginger, Mint and Lemon, 100 Tea Bags
- 5. Lipton Loose Green Tea, 250g
- 6. Tetley Long Leaf Green Tea, 250g
- 7. Lipton Pure & Light Green Tea Bags, 100 Pieces
- 8. Girnar Detox Green Tea – 36 Bags
- 9. Typhoo Green Tea, 100 Tea Bags
- 10. Goodwyn Health Green Tea Box, 6 Green Teas for Different Times & Moods of the Day, 60 Tea Bags
1. Tetley Green Tea, Lemon and Honey (25 bags)
The Tetley Green Tea, Lemon and Honey from the brand Tetley is one of the best green teas available on the market right now. This green tea is considered as the best green tea available in India as it contains flus, lemons, and colds that help in increasing the metabolism.
The same product also contains honey as its ingredient that increases the immunity. The product comes in ready to use 25 tea bags.
2. Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea, 25 Tea Bags (Pack of 2)
The Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea Bags from the brand Lipton is one of the top selling green teas. This green tea contains zero percent calories. This green tea powder can be mixed with milk or sugar, or can be drunk mixing it in water and still it will taste good. The manufacturer claim that drinking this green tea can eventually make your skin glow. The manufacturer has added honey and lemon in this product that enhances the taste of the drink. These ingredients also enhance the efficiency of the drink.
3. Organic India Tulsi Green – 25 Tea Bags
This product comes in a pack of 25 tea bags. Drinking this green tea can reduce stress and the drink is rich in antioxidants and many other nutrients. The manufacturer claims that frequent drinking of this green tea can enhance the stamina and stimulate as well as revitalize body. It is also claimed that the drink enhances the respiratory functions.
4. Tetley Green Tea, Ginger, Mint and Lemon, 100 Tea Bags
This green tea comes with ingredients like ginger, mint and lemon which is one of the best attractive combinations. Like most of the people know, ginger and mint has several medical advantages. It enhances digestion, assimilation, mint act as blood purifier, lemon enhances immunity power. This product comes in a pack of 100 tea bags.
5. Lipton Loose Green Tea, 250g
This green tea has zero calories in it and can be mixed with milk and can also be consumed mixed with water. The manufacturer claims that the consuming this tea frequently can enhance the skin glow. One of the notable things about this green tea is that it does not come in tea bags and the user can freely add the green tea powder as he/she likes.
6. Tetley Long Leaf Green Tea, 250g
Tetley is one of the most famous tea brands in India. This is a long leaf green tea that comes with natural green tea flavour. The product was prepared from young tea leaves and buds are blended for smoothness. The manufacturer claims that this green tea consist 5 times more antioxidants than in apple which is best in neutralizing radicals. The green tea also has sweet and attractive fragrance when warm.
7. Lipton Pure & Light Green Tea Bags, 100 Pieces
Lipton is one of the top tea brands in India, The Lipton green tea comes in a pack of 100 tea bags. This green tea comes with zero calories and is pure and light. This green tea can be mixed with milk and sugar and can also be consumed by mixing it with water. The manufacturer claims that drinking this green tea can enhance skin glow.
8. Girnar Detox Green Tea – 36 Bags
This is a detox green tea that has several ingredients that has medicinal value, these ingredients is pepper, ginger, clove, Tulsi, cinnamon, rock salt, and asafoetida. One of the notable things about this green tea is that it is very good for cough and cold. This product comes in a pack of 36 tea bags.
9. Typhoo Green Tea, 100 Tea Bags
This green tea is rich in antioxidants and the manufacturer has paid extra care to make this product sugar free. The manufacturer has also avoided preservatives and any artificial flavouring in this product. The product comes in a pack 100 tea bags.
10. Goodwyn Health Green Tea Box, 6 Green Teas for Different Times & Moods of the Day, 60 Tea Bags
This green tea comes with many ingredients that have excellent medicinal values. The manufacturer claims that consuming this green tea frequently can reduce the stress, enhance sleep and improve digestion. This product of consumed can also reduce headaches, blood pressure and boost metabolism.
The presence of peppermint in this product gives freshness to the user if drunk. The product comes in a pack of 60 tea bags.
Like mentioned in the beginning green tea has many benefits. All the products listed above are few of the best green tea available on the Indian market right now.