Do you live in a place where winters are harsh and power cuts are common? Well, in such a case, you might not really be happy with your traditional electric geyser which renders useless during the power cuts. The best way to deal with the problem is to get a gas geyser. These gas geysers have certainly gained a lot of popularity in recent times.
It is totally safe to use the gas geyser now and they are also highly efficient. Let us first look at the advantages and disadvantages of the gas geysers so that you can make up your mind about buying the gas geyser.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Gas Geysers
- Instant Hot Water – The gas geysers offer the hot water instantly and hence you do not have a problem even if you have a large family. This is the main advantage of the gas geysers. You would not have to wait for hours before you get water for shower. Electric Geysers can take almost 20 minutes for a bucket of hot water but in case of gas geysers, the time is just a couple of minutes.
- Cheaper in Terms of Usage – The gas geysers run on LPG and they are much more efficient when compared to the electric geysers. This helps you in saving a lot of electricity and lowering your energy consumption bills. If you are really tired of high energy bills then the gas geyser could be the answer to your problems.
- Hard Water Usage –If you use hard water then you must be aware of the problem associated with the usage of hard water in the storage water heaters. You have to change the heating element at regular interval and there is always a white salty deposit in the water. You do not face this problem while using a gas geyser and the water is relatively cleaner
- Power Cuts – Power Cuts are something very common in India and in such a case, the usual scenario at home is that the water is being heated on the gas so that the children can take a shower and go to school. This could be a thing of past when you have a gas geyser as the gas geysers provide you with the comfort of a warm shower even during the power cuts.
- High Initial Cost –This is one of the disadvantages of the gas geyser. The initial set up cost of the gas geyser is high but it pays back in the long run. If you are not concerned about a minimal increase in the initial cost then gas geysers are the best option for you.
- LPG May Run Out – Now, electric cuts might not bother you but a problem that you might face is that you might run out of LPG gas. If you keep a spare gas cylinder then that is not a problem but if you do not have a spare cylinder then that could be a problem for you.
With all these advantages and disadvantages, you can surely judge that the weight of the advantages is much more than the magnitude of disadvantages of the gas geyser. There is also a misconception in public regarding the safety of the gas geyser but let us reassure you that the gas geysers are really safe to use and you would not face any hazard while using the gas geyser.
If you now planning to buy a gas geysers then there are certain points that you need to consider before you purchase a gas geyser and here is a short buying guide while will help you in making the right purchase for yourself.
Buying Guide for Gas Geyser
- Safety Standard– Always buy a gas geyser that is rated by any Indian agency. You may look for BIS mark on the product and that would ensure you about the quality of the gas geyser.Never opt for cheap products which have not been rated by BIS.
- Efficiency–Do consider the efficiency of the geyser and there is always a mention of the efficiency of the geyser on the product. This helps you in ensuring that the gas is not wasted and it is fully utilized in heating the water.
- Brand and Warranty – Another factor to be considered while buying gas geyser is the brand and the warranty. As mentioned earlier, always buy a geyser from a good brand and moreover, opt for products that have a warranty on them.
- Exchanger Tank – While selecting a geyser, check the material of the exchanger and it should be made of copper. This not only increases the efficiency of the exchanger tank but it also gives a longer life to the tank.
- Safety Features–Check for the different safety features available in the gas geyser. The common ones include the oxygen sensor and the auto-shut timer.This prevents any chance of leakage of gas and it warns you in case of any fault.
These are some of the points that you must consider while buying a gas geyser. If you are still not sure about which geyser to buy then you may go through the list of best gas geysers mentioned below.
We have shortlisted for the geysers after considering many criteria so that you do not have to do any hard work in finalizing the model of the gas geyser.
- Best Buy Gas Geyser Online In India
- 10. Surya Instant LPG Gas Geyser -10L
- 9. Havells Flagro LPGWH 6-Litre Gas Heater
- 8. CANDES 7 LTR. Glass GAS WATER HEATER 850gm GLASSY
- 7. Singer Aqua Jwala Gas water Heater
- 6. Signoracare SCGWH-1007 Gas Water Heater (White)
- 5. Sameer 6L Gas Geyser
- 4. Hindware Atlantic 6 Ltr. Ignacio 6L Analog Gas LPG & PNG Geyser Water Heater
- 3. V Guard Industries Ltd 6 Ltrs Safefloplus Gas Geyser, White
- 2. Racold DGI CF LP LPG 5-Litre Gas Water Heater (White)
- 1. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6-Litre Water Heater (White)
Best Buy Gas Geyser Online In India
10. Surya Instant LPG Gas Geyser -10L
The first gas geyser on our list is from Surya. This has a total capacity of 10 liters and it is quite an efficient gas geyser. To check out the complete list of features of the gas geyser, you can simply visit the product page with help of the link listed below. This particular model is available on heavy discount and hence you can also check the latest price with help of the product page listed below. Here are some of the features of this amazing gas geyser.
- This gas geyser heavily uses copper so as to offer high efficiency and better heating capabilities.
- The geyser has a really heavy duty tank which is 0.45 mm thick and hence the life of the tank has been enhanced by multiple folds.
- The solenoid used is of the best quality which again increases the life of the geyser.
- This model also comes with an oxygen sensor which is certainly one of the must-have security features in a gas geyser.
- Apart from the oxygen sensor, the gas geyser also has an auto timer and a flame failure sensor device.
- The brand offers a 3-month warranty on this gas geyser.
9. Havells Flagro LPGWH 6-Litre Gas Heater
Havells is quite a popular and reliable brand. The products from this brand are built to last. If you are looking for a good brand then you can certainly buy the gas geyser from Havells. Here are some of the details of the product. For more information, you can visit the product page with help of the link listed below.
- The gas geyser has flame selector and water temperature selector. Once you select the temperature, a small display screen shows the temperature reading in digital format.
- The tank of this gas geyser is coated with feroglass material which certainly makes it a better choice among the thousands of products available in the market.
- The insulation used in the gas geyser is of high density which basically increases the efficiency of the gas geyser.
- The total capacity of the gas geyser is 6 liters and the brand offers 2 years of warranty on the product.
- The heater has a metallic finish which certainly looks really better in any of the bathrooms.
8. CANDES 7 LTR. Glass GAS WATER HEATER 850gm GLASSY
If your bathroom has nice shiny tiles and if you are not able to find a gas geyser because it doesn’t match with the ambiance of your bathroom then this is probably the best gas geyser for your bathroom. The gas geyser comes with amazing graphics and it has a glossy finish which makes it look really elegant. Some of the features of this gas geyser are listed below.
- The gas geyser comes with a total warranty of 1 year and it basically protects the user against any manufacturing defect.
- The gas geyser has a glass cover which gives it an attractive look.
- The total capacity of the geyser is 7 liters. In addition to this, the gas geyser has an auto-off timer which shuts down the gas geyser in 20 minutes.
- The heat exchanger tank of this gas geyser is made of copper which increases the overall efficiency of the unit.
- The burner of the gas geyser is made of stainless steel which increases the life of the burner.
- The maximum water flow you can get from this water heater is 7 liters per minute.
- Two other safety features included in this gas geyser includes flame failure sensor and overheat protection system. Both of them are really essential to protect you froman
7. Singer Aqua Jwala Gas water Heater
If you are looking for something really affordable and if you are not able to find a gas geyser that is very affordable then do not worry as there is a gas geyser which is not only affordable but is also good in quality. You will never face any complaint with this amazing gas geyser from Singer as it comes with multiple features which makes it one of the best gas geyser in the market.
Let us now have a look at the features of this gas geyser.
- The total capacity of the geyser is 6 liters and it comes with an auto-ignition function which flames the LPG gas as soon as you turn on the gas geyser.
- There is an auto cut-off timer in this gas geyser which turns off the gas supply after 20 minutes. The main advantage of this feature is that if you forget to turn off the gas then the geyser switches it off automatically and hence saving the gas as well as saving you from an
- The gas geyser also has a flame failure sensor along with overheat protection sensor. The gas geyser also provides you safety against the accidental flame out as well.
- Just like other gas geysers, the exchanger tank of this gas geyser is made of copper and the burner of this gas geyser is made of stainless steel.
- The heat exchanger of this gas geyser is of 1 Kg which is really heavy duty exchanger.
6. Signoracare SCGWH-1007 Gas Water Heater (White)
Next gas geyser on our list is from Signoracare. The gas water heater is also very affordable and it has good reviews as well. You can visit the product page to check the specifications of the product as well as the reviews of the product. You will not be disappointed with your purchase. Here are some of the features of the product.
- The gas geyser has auto-ignition which works with help of AAA size batteries. In addition to this, the geyser provides hot water to you within a couple of seconds.
- The safety feature of the device includes the auto shut timer and flame out protection which is certainly required in a gas geyser.
- Another feature of the gas geyser includes the child lock
- The gas geyser has three different knobs, one is to select the gas flow, the second is to select the water flow and the third one is to select the weather condition.
- The company offers a 1-year warranty on the geyser which is certainly helpful in protecting you against any manufacturing defect.
5. Sameer 6L Gas Geyser
This gas geyser from Sameer is probably the cheapest gas geyser available in Indian market. In addition to this, the gas geyser is ISI market which is an assurance of the quality standards. If you move your home frequently or if you live along then this is the perfect choice for your bathroom. Here are some of the details of the gas geyser from Sameer
- The gas geyser has a total capacity of 6 liters and it comes with various safety features.
- The gas geyser has a 20 minutes auto shut timer along with the flame out the sensor.
- The brand offers 1-year replacement warranty on the product and you can call the customer care for any support.
- The knobs on the gas geyser enable you to select the water flow and adjust the flames.
- The tank of the gas geyser is made of copper and it uses fire retardant cables in the product which makes the product fireproof.
- The product can also work on the low-pressure water flow and hence you do not have to worry about having a consistent flow.
4. Hindware Atlantic 6 Ltr. Ignacio 6L Analog Gas LPG & PNG Geyser Water Heater
Most of the gas geysers need LPG cylinder to operate and they cannot operate on PNG Gas but PNG is becoming more and more popular in India. If you have a PNG connection and if you want a gas geyser that can work on your PNG connection then this is the best choice for you. This gas geyser offers you a lot of flexibility as it can run on PNG as well as LPG. Here are some other features of this gas geyser.
- The gas geyser can be optimized as per the climate because of the weather adjustment knob on the geyser.
- The geyser has a very good design which works very efficiently to provide you hot water.
- The brand also offers a 2-year warranty on the product.
- Apart from all the features listed above, the gas geyser also has an auto shut timer and
3. V Guard Industries Ltd 6 Ltrs Safefloplus Gas Geyser, White
V Guard Industries is another popular gas geyser on our list. It also has a really good rating and you can check out all the reviews of the gas geyser by visiting the product page. The link to the product page is listed below and you will also be able to find the latest price of the geyser with help of the link listed below. Here are some of the features of the V Guard Gas Geyser.
- The gas geyser has a total capacity of 6 liters and the geyser has a stainless steel body.
- The burner of the geyser is made of stainless steel and the heat exchanger is made of copper.
- The gas geyser can operate at ultra-low pressure and it has all different types of protection system which can offer you safety against any accident.
- The safety features of this gas geyser include overheat protection system and auto-shut timer.
- The gas geyser comes with a total 2 years of warranty which is quite good when compared to the industry standards.
2. Racold DGI CF LP LPG 5-Litre Gas Water Heater (White)
Racold is another popular brand in India which is known for high-quality geysers. The manufacturer provides two different models of the gas geyser and you can order the one which suits your need. The first mode works of the LPG while the other model works on PNG. You can’t interchange the energy source and hence you need to be specific during the purchase of the product.
- The gas geyser can work on low water pressure and it has two solenoid valve which enhances the performance of the gas geyser.
- The heating efficiency of the gas geyser is 85% which is more than enough to provide a good energy utilization to you without any wastage.
- There is also a child lock on the gas geyser which basically provides a better safety to you.
- The total capacity of the gas geyser is 5 liters and it also has a digital display for displaying the temperature of the water during the normal operations.
- Racold offers 2 years of warranty on this product which basically helps you in safeguarding yourself from the manufacturing defects
- The geyser also has a metallic finish which enhances the interiors of the bathroom. It doesn’t look any cheap plastic material which is not always appealing.
1. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6-Litre Water Heater (White)
On number 1, we have a gas geyser from Bajaj. Bajaj is always known for the quality and hence you do not really have to be worried about the built of the product. You can buy this gas geyser form Bajaj without any doubt and it is also easy to install the gas geyser. Check out the latest price of the product along with the reviews and the features of the product by going to the product page with help of the link listed below.
- There are many safety features available on this gas geyser which basically makes it the safest gas geyser in the country. The safety features include child lock, anti-freeze device, auto timer and flame failure sensor.
- You just need two AAA batteries to operate this geyser as these batteries are responsible for igniting the LPG gas to heat the geyser.
- The geyser has a knob to control the flow of the gas as well as the water. This helps you in getting the water at the right temperature for your shower.
- Another amazing fact about this gas geyser is that it has a very high thermal efficiency which is always preferred in case of the gas geyser as the thermal efficiency is always directly related to the energy consumption of the geyser.
These are some of the best gas geysers available in India and you can choose the one which you like. In addition to this, you might want to check the various online stores for the gas geysers as they offer a great discount.
Some of the products also get free installation and hence you do not have to worry about installing the gas geyser either.
So, do check the online stores before making the purchase from the offline stores.
- Best Air Coolers in India
- Best Air Purifiers in India
- Best Room Heaters in India
- Best Water Heaters in India