If you are expecting a new member in your family then you must know that this little new member needs a lot of care. Ideally, the babies are not given a shower for initial few days after their birth but once they are old enough, you can start giving a shower to the babies. The thing that you must take care of during this time is that you do not use any harsh product with the baby which could harm his sensitive skin.
As you know that the soaps for adults may contain chemicals like caustic which can really be harmful to the baby. In such a case, many companies have come up with a baby soap which can help you in cleaning the baby with utmost care. Most of these soaps are loaded with moisturizer and they are made of things which are natural.
This was all about the baby soaps and as you know that there are many brands available in the market. The dilemma starts when each and every brand claims to be the best in the country. In such a case, it becomes really difficult to choose the right soap for your baby.
To help you in this endeavor, we have listed some of the best baby soaps available in India.
- Best Buy Baby Soaps in India
- 10. Pigeon Baby Transparent Soap (75g)
- 9. Mee Mee Nourishing Baby Soap with Almond & Milk Extracts 75g
- 8. Curatio Tedibar
- 7. Chicco Baby Moments Soap, 300g – Pack of 3
- 6. Biotique Baby Almond Oil Nourishing, 75 Gm (Pack of2)
- 5. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Soap 75 g (Pack of 3)
- 4. Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar (100g)
- 3. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Soap, 125g
- 2. Johnson’s Baby Soap, 150g (Buy 3 Get 1 Free)
- 1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Soap Value Pack, 4*75g
- Buying Guide for Baby Soaps
Best Buy Baby Soaps in India
10. Pigeon Baby Transparent Soap (75g)
Pigeon is a popular brand when it comes to baby soaps. The soap is made of pure glycerin and that is one of the reasons why the soap has a clear appearance. It is a perfect product for the babies with a sensitive skin. You can check out more about this amazing baby soap by clicking on the link below.
- Perfect soap for babies with sensitive skin
- No added colors and the soap has a mild fragrance which doesn’t irritate the baby
- Hypoallergenic soap that offers gentle cleaning
- Dermatological tested for safe use
- Tearless soap for the safe use which doesn’t cause irritation in the eyes.
9. Mee Mee Nourishing Baby Soap with Almond & Milk Extracts 75g
Next popular brand on our list is Mee Mee. The soaps from Mee Mee are enriched with milk and almond extracts and hence they are very gentle on the skin. This brand offers soaps in two different variants and one of them is the regular variant while the other one is Almond and Milk variant. Both of these are equally good. You can get more information on the product by checking the reviews of the buyers
- The soap matches the international standards of safety and hygiene.
- The same doesn’t contain parabens which makes it safe for your child.
- The soap also has Aloe Vera extracts which offer cooling effect to your baby.
- The soap also maintains the elasticity of the skin of your baby.
8. Curatio Tedibar
Tedibar from Curatio is also quite a popular baby soap. If you haven’t heard about the brand then you must check out the product page and you will come across several positive reviews. There are many question and answers about the soap which can also help you in clearing your doubt about the soap and its use.
- The soap is made of good quality ingredients which helps in maintaining the softness of the skin
- The product has many 5-star reviews and it is safe to use for newborn
- The soap is also tear free which makes it much safer to use as it doesn’t contain harmful chemicals.
7. Chicco Baby Moments Soap, 300g – Pack of 3
Next on our list is baby soap from Chicco. The baby soap is available in a single pack as well as in a pack of three. It is a completely vegetarian product and you can visit the products page to check out more about this amazing baby moments soap.
- The soap is made of ingredients derived from vegetables and hence the soap is for you if you prefer vegetarian products.
- The soap doesn’t contains any parabens and it doesn’t causes allergies as well.
- The soap also moisturizes the skin and keeps it clean at the same time.
6. Biotique Baby Almond Oil Nourishing, 75 Gm (Pack of2)
Biotique also has a soap dedicated to babies. This is a pack of two and it is easily available in the market. You can buy the soap from the online portals after checking out the information about the soap. In addition to this, the soap can also be delivered to you at your doorstep.
- The soap forms a gentle lather which helps in cleaning the baby.
- The soap also has almond extracts which not only nourishes the skin but also offers a light and pleasant fragrance to the soap.
- There are no added colors in the soap and it keeps the natural pH balance of the skin.
- The soap also contains turmeric, coconut oil and margosa.
5. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Soap 75 g (Pack of 3)
Dove is considered to be one of the gentlest soap even for the adults and hence you can buy the baby soap from dove without any doubt about the composition of the soap. The soap is made of a gentle hypoallergenic formula which doesn’t causes allergy. Apart from this, the soap has been through many clinical tests before it was launched in the market.
- The soap has a very much pH neutral formula.
- The soap is also loaded with moisturizing cream and hence it is a perfect soap for babies in all weather.
- The fragrance of the soap is very mild.
- The soap can be used for newborn babies and it is a product for daily use.
4. Sebamed Baby Cleansing Bar (100g)
The ideal pH level of the skin is 5.5 and hence this soap seems to be a perfect one for the babies. The soap has been specially formulated by keeping the needs of a new born baby in the mind and it is a German formula which takes care of all these needs. You can visit the product page to check out more information about the product and to check out the user reviews.
- The soap helps in regeneration of the skin and it also promotes the development of acid mantle.
- The soap doesn’t contains any alkaline which helps you in maintaining the natural balance of the skin.
- The soap has Camomile which is a soothing agent for the skin.
- Soap also has wheat germ oil along with other amino acids and vitamins.
3. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Soap, 125g
If you baby needs a lot of miniaturization then this soap from Himalaya is especially for your baby. The soap is available through various channels and it has gained a lot of popularity in recent times.
- The soap offers extra miniaturization to the baby.
- The soap is best for use in a cold weather as the cold weather can leave the skin of your baby dry.
- The soap can also be used for the babies who have a dry skin.
- Himalaya Baby soap is also enriched with aloe Vera, olive and milk which adds to the goodness of the natural ingredients.
2. Johnson’s Baby Soap, 150g (Buy 3 Get 1 Free)
Johnson’s baby soap is one of the most popular brand in Indian market. The brand is known not only for baby soaps but also for other baby products. There are various different packs available in the soap and you can choose to buy a standalone pack or a bundle. There is another fragrance available in this product and both are equally good.
- The soap is rich in moisturizing lotion along with vitamin E.
- The soap goes through 5 level safety assurance process so as to ensure that the product is safe to use for babies.
- Johnson’s baby soap are also tested for allergies and hence you can use it without any concerns.
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Soap Value Pack, 4*75g
This is another variant from Himalaya on our list and the soap is the bestselling soap in India. It is also one of the highest rated soap in the market and you can avail various offers while purchasing this soap. Checkout the product page for offers and reviews of this popular soap.
- The soap doesn’t contain animal fat or color which prevent any sort of allergy or rashes.
- The soap is full of natural oil like almond oil and olive oil which nourishes the skin of the baby.
- The soap is suitable for the baby with normal and sensitive skin.
You need to be very careful while buying the baby soap and to help you in making the right choice, we have listed some of the criteria to consider before you buy a baby soap.
Buying Guide for Baby Soaps
Here is a short buying guide that you must go through before you consider buying a soap for your baby. It will help you in choosing the soap which is best for you.
Type of Soap – You will find many different types of baby soaps in the market but the choice totally depends on you. It is always better to buy a moisturizing soap for the baby as the soaps are gentle and they provide extra nourishment to the baby. Look out for the label and check the type of soap you are picking.
Avoid Lather – This is the thumb rule and you basically need to avoid the soaps which have a lot of lather as these soaps surely contain The lather can even burn the eye of the child and it can even cause severe allergy. If you are not sure about the one you want to buy then consult your friends and family.
Try and Buy – Most of the baby soaps are scented and there can be a case when the baby doesn’t like the fragrance of the soap. In such a case, the baby can become irate. You must stop using such soaps immediately and for this reason, if you are buying a soap of a particular brand for the first time, always opt for a smaller pack.
Allergies – Before you continue using the soap on your baby, check for the allergies. If your baby has any known allergy then you must check for such ingredients. If your baby experiences rashes or any issue after the bath then you must consult the doctor immediately. The skin of the baby is very sensitive and hence allergic reactions can be the worst
Base Ingredients – Before you buy a baby soap, check for the ingredients in the soap. This will help you in ensuring that the soap is safe for the baby. Avoid soaps which have harmful chemicals and research a bit before buying a soap.
Buying a soap for the baby needs a lot of hard work and research. Always stick to the well-known brands and you may also choose to consult a doctor while buying a soap. In addition to this, you need to take special care while giving a bath to the baby. Ensure that you do not put water on baby’s face and the soap application should also be avoided on the face. After applying soap, make sure that you wash the baby and there are no traces of soap on the body of the baby. It is always preferable to use warm water while giving a shower to the baby.
These are some of the best soaps on the market and you can always buy these soaps through an online portal. Another advantage of buying the soaps online is that you can do the research and check out the reviews of the soaps before you plan to order. This is not possible while making an online purchase.
Apart from this, consider the factors mentioned in the buying guide while buying the baby soap and remember that each baby is different and hence the needs are different.
- Best Baby Carriers in India
- Best Baby Powder for Skin in India
- Best Baby Walkers in India
- Best Baby Massage Oils for Strong Bones in India
- Best Baby Sippy/Spout/Straw Cups in India
- Best Baby Lotions in India
- Best Baby Wipes In India
- Best Diaper for Babies in India